Well, it's July 31st! So hard to believe that tomorrow begins August. Time has definitely gone fast this summer, but praise God for all the work He has done this summer so far!
The month of July for me was full of numerous opportunities. I continue to work with the Day Camp program for kids Monday to Friday. It has been such a blessing to see the children progress in their walks with the Lord and their diligence in learning their verses and songs. We have had a blast this month between various fun activities including going for ice cream on Fridays, playing on the water slide on Wednesdays, riding our bikes to the park on Thursdays, and preparing for our Parents' Program. That's right! Our Parents' Night Program is a week from today! August 7th at 6pm. The children have been working very hard to learn all their verses (Ephesians 6:10-17) and learn the six songs we will sing that night. They are very ready to perform for their parents and we are all looking forward to this special night.
Speaking of the upcoming Parents' Program, I have been very busy building a stage set for that night. Our theme this summer has been 'Warriors for Christ' with castles and armor. Thus, I have built a castle that runs the whole length of the church stage. It has been a lot of trial and error, but to the glory of God, it is all done! I had some of my co-worker teachers help me, as well as some of the guys from the church youth group. Between ladies buying plastic children's armor at garage sells and a young man collecting cardboard boxes for me from his work, the building of our stage has been a team effort! I can't wait to set it all up this coming Friday for our special night. We will also be having a short skit/drama about "A Day at Day Camp".
This month I also did other ministries at the church. I am the church pianist and have sang two specials - one a solo and one a duet with Mrs. Hicks. I also played a flute special the other day and have done some piano specials during offertory. I led the youth group meetings twice this month, as well as taught the teens' Sunday school class. I also taught in the Good News Club for Kids this past Wednesday night. We have also been going door to door passing out fliers for the upcoming Vacation Bible School program this week. Yes, indeed. This is going to be a busy week for me as I finish up the final preparations for our Day Camp Parents' Night Program, as well as help run the VBS and Teen Explosion (revival meetings along with fun activities) church events. I am in charge of the games for both the VBS and the Teen Explosion along with the assistant Pastor Yoder. It will definitely be long days this week, but Lord willing we will see souls won for Christ through these ministries.
Well, that gives a short update of my days here in Michigan. God has been so good to me this summer and truly blessed me with a wonderful opportunity to serve at the First Baptist Church of Laingsburg. The church has been so kind towards me and I have enjoyed getting to know the families better. I have about three weeks left, and I'm sure they will fly by very quickly. May all that is done be for the glory and praise of our Lord Jesus Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment