Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer is here again!

Summer is here again!

Well, it is hard to believe that another school year has come and gone by so fast! It seems like just yesterday that I came to Pensacola Christian College back in the summer of 2009. God has been so good to me and has blessed me beyond all measure in every area of my life. Now, as a seniow anxiously awaiting graduation next May 2012, I see how God has led me one step at a time throughout my journey as a "missionary in training".

This past year at PCC has most definitely been a highlight year for me both academically and spritiually. I took numerous Bible classes that focused on deep, thorough studies of Bible books including the Gospels, I and II Timothy, Titus, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, etc. These Bible classes have not only broadened my understanding of these Bible books, but have also challenged me greatly. Between scripture memory requirements and personal study involving writing papers and doing various projects, I have learned so much. These Bible classes have been supplemented by many other practical classes including my Missions classes, Foreign Language studies, and Ministerial Seminar classes and labs (preaching classes), and Speech classes. I also had the opportunity to intern at the PCC Camps Church all year long, including a four month internship with the Spanish ministries of the church. Between all my studies, I also worked on campus as a Men's Residence Hall Desk worker and at the Palms Grille Restaurant. I had the opportunity of being part of the Dramatic Productions drama, Early American Life, as one of the narrators. And of course, there was always time for some fun with friends including various park outings, birthday parties, and sport center nights! Overall, this junior year has been a wonderful growing experience in many ways.

But the school year is done, and now the summer has come. Throughout this part spring semester, I had been fervently praying along with my parents about what this summer would hold for me. Reflecting back on last summer's amazing experience as an intern at the Church at Katy, I wanted to do something this summer that also would help me put into practice all the 'knowledge' I am gaining at PCC. I looked into summer camps, work possibilities, mission trips, and numerous church internships. To make a long story short, God tested my patience by waiting to a few weeks before the end of the semester to finally confirm my summer plans.

I accepted an internship with the First Baptist Church in Laingsburg, Michigan (about an hour and half north of Detroit). Through a personal interview with Pastor Ivan Yoder, the assistant pastor of the church, and several phone conversations with Pastor Steve Brwon, the senior pastor, God clearly showed me that this was His will. I will be mainly working as a teacher for their Day School program that they run for children. This will be a full time position from Monday to Friday. Also, I will be participating in church activities, including helping with the music ministries. I am very excited about this opportunity and I will be posting updates throughout the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment